There are all sorts of cosmetic reasons people choose to get upper eyelid surgery, but the procedure is not always about how you look. If you suffer from ptosis, which causes one or both upper eyelids to droop over the eye, the surgery may be the difference in you being able to see at all.
Ptosis can occur for a variety of reasons at any age. Doctors stress the importance of treating myogenic ptosis in children as quickly as possible, because a drooping eyelid can negatively affect the eye’s development and possibly lead to “lazy eye” syndrome. At any age, however, the condition can be distracting, affecting peripheral vision and facial expressions. Fortunately, blepharoplasty on the upper eyelid can quickly correct the issue.
You may be a candidate for upper eyelid surgery if:
- Your eyelid is drooping due to functional issues
- You have excess skin above your eyelid, causing it to sag
- Drooping eyelids are making it harder for you to see
- Your facial tissue is otherwise generally healthy
- You do not smoke or are willing to quit
- You have no illnesses that could impact the healing process
- You have a positive outlook and realistic goals for the procedure
If you suffer from a drooping eyelid and need surgery to correct the procedure, you should contact the oculo-facial surgeons at the Morgenstern Center. Our surgeons are certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology to perform surgeries around the eyes, which they can do safely and skillfully. They are among the few surgeons near King of Prussia that focus on oculo-facial plastic surgery, and are dedicated to providing excellent service to all.
To schedule an appointment with the Morgenstern Center, call (610) 687.8771 or fill out a form at the top of this page. The Morgenstern Center serves patients in King of Prussia, Philadelphia, Wayne, and the surrounding areas.