Want to rejuvenate your entire face but aren't sure how? For certain people, blepharoplasty is often a good surgical option for honing in on the area where aging can be the most apparent: the area around the eyes. The only way to know if you are a good candidate is to discuss the procedure, all of your surgical options and your health history with our experienced facial cosmetic surgeons, Dr. Ken Morgenstern and Dr. Joseph Giacometti. To schedule a one-on-one consultation, please call Morgenstern Center for Orbital and Facial Plastic Surgery at (610) 687.8771.
Is it Right for You?
- You feel like the area around your eyes makes you look tired and aged.
- You are unhappy with the way aging has affected your eyelids.
- You want long-lasting rejuvenation results.
- Excess upper eyelid skin that puffs over the curve of your eyelid.
- Excess upper eyelid skin that sags over your eyelashes.
- Generally puffy appearance above and below your eyes.
During your individualized consultation with Dr. Morgenstern or Dr. Giacometti, he will examine your face, paying special attention to the eyelid area. Our surgeons have extensive experience in oculo-facial surgery – which focuses on plastic and reconstructive surgery of the eyes and the surrounding area – as well as craniofacial and cosmetic facial surgery. As such, they can quickly determine if blepharoplasty is the right procedure for your facial rejuvenation goals.
Considering Factors related to the surgical Procedure
In addition to deciding if eyelid surgery is even capable of achieving the changes you want to see, you and your surgeon can also discuss factors more closely related to the surgical procedure. Questions you may want to ask yourself to start thinking about these factors are:
- Do you have time to stay home from work and take time off from certain physical activities as part of recovery from surgery?
- Do you have realistic expectations of what blepharoplasty can and cannot achieve?
- Are you interested in the longest lasting, most effective options for facial rejuvenation, or do you feel a non-surgical temporary option may be a better fit?
Men and women of various ages can undergo blepharoplasty. Our oculo-facial surgeons will make sure you are healthy enough and that you don't have any disqualifying issues. We are wholly committed to providing the results our patients want in a state-of-the-art setting, while minimizing risks and making sure you have all the information you need to have a successful recovery.
If you live in Wayne, Philadelphia, The Main Line, King of Prussia or the surrounding areas and want to know if you are a candidate to undergo blepharoplasty surgery, please contact Morgenstern Center for Orbital and Facial Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation with Ken Morgenstern, MD, FACS or Joseph Giacometti, MD.