BOTOX® Cosmetic may be the right way to soften many of the lines on your face. The only way to know whether it is right for you is to visit our experienced facial cosmetic surgeons for a consultation. One of our surgeons will assess the lines on your face and talk to you about your facial rejuvenation goals. To schedule a consultation at Morgenstern Center for Orbital and Facial Plastic Surgery, please call us at 610.687.8771.
Facial Aging treated by BOTOX
BOTOX is used to soften a particular type of wrinkle caused by the muscular activity in your face. Your facial muscles move when you make certain expressions. Over time, this muscle movement causes a wrinkle to form where the skin is being folded together. For example, lines across your forehead are formed when you raise your eyebrows in surprise or when you furrow them. BOTOX can be performed many different ways. Not every patient is treated the same way. Facial movement after treatment may range from minimal to completely natural and still achieve a more youthful look. Not every doctor injects the same way. Come see what we can do for you.
BOTOX softens the following facial wrinkles:
- Frown lines or glabellar lines: the vertical lines between your eyebrows. They can make you look angry or frustrated when you are not.
- Crow's feet: the crinkly lines at the outside corners of your eyes, where the skin is very thin and delicate. These lines are formed over the years from laughter, smiling and squinting your eyes. These lines can also be worsened by sun exposure.
- Forehead lines: the horizontal lines or creases extending across your forehead. These lines are easily formed after years of raising your brow and making facial expressions.
- Smoker's lines: the lines formed around your mouth, usually by facial expressions and speaking that causes you to pucker your lips. Cigarette smokers often experience these types of wrinkles.
If you are unhappy with the way your face looks because of lines in your skin, Dr. Morgenstern can tell you whether BOTOX will work as a treatment. Dermal fillers may be more effective for the type of wrinkles you have, or a face lift may be more suitable if you have a lot of saggy, excess skin on your face.
Benefits of choosing BOTOX
The benefits of this injectable include:
- Virtually immediate results
- No downtime required
- Completed in a single appointment
- Minimal discomfort during the injection
- Typically does not require anesthesia
- Results last between 4 and 6 months
- Limited risks and low rate of complications
Because BOTOX is a temporary treatment, you will require re-treatments every 4 to 6 months if you wish to maintain the results.
To find out in Wayne, PA if you are a BOTOX candidate, please contact Morgenstern Center for Orbital and Facial Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation with experienced and board-certified oculoplastic and ophthalmic surgeon Dr. Ken Morgenstern or with experienced oculo-facial surgeon Dr. Joseph Giacometti.