Thinking about eyelid surgery? Consider these top 5 things to know about the procedure:
- It rejuvenates the appearance of your eyes. By removing the sagging, drooping skin on your upper eyelids, this procedure has a rejuvenating effect on the entire area surrounding your eyes.
- It can improve previously obscured vision. If your upper eyelids have gotten so puffy and saggy that they are interfering with your vision, eyelid surgery will remove the sagging skin and you will have a clear field of vision once again.
- The results are long-lasting. Although your skin will become droopy again with age, the results of eyelid surgery last for many years and can permanently turn back the clock on these particular signs of aging.
- You will look a lot younger. By removing excess, drooping eyelid skin on the upper and/or lower eyelids, this procedure can take years off your face. Drooping upper eyes and bags underneath our eyes have a profound aging effect.
- The procedure may be covered by insurance. If you need upper eyelid surgery because sagging lids are obscuring your vision, then your health insurance may provide coverage for the procedure.